Sergio Garcia wins the Masters, ends drought at the majors

Sergio Garcia confident of more glory after Masters triumph

"One of my dreams has come true". Day two, though, proves otherwise.

The Spaniard said he'd had four hours sleep after partying hard. "They've been pretty hectic with interviews". "I've been hitting that drive every day like a high cut". This time, the Englishman blinked first.

However, he started to encounter trouble on the back nine - at the same time that Rose began to find his rhythm on the greens - and when Garcia sent his tee shot into the trees on the 13th, Rose had his chance to open up what could have been an unassailable advantage.

Garcia played in 74 majors before finally winning one. "It's a great time in my life".

Later, an emotional Garcia said, "I have seen (myself) winning it several time".

The 27-year-old plans to change his golf ball and experiment with more new equipment, while he is also due to marry fiancee Erica Stoll shortly.

"I think life has a goal for all of us". "Obviously, I like where I stand now better".

However, next year will be his fourth attempt at completing the career grand slam and none of the five players to have done it needed more than three tries at winning the final leg.

"Well, " he went on, "I don't have to answer that anymore".

Spieth goes on 3rd-round charge at Masters
Garcia intends to take a better frame of mind into this weekend than his defeated statement reflected five years ago. Mickelson got within one of the lead when he reached 3 under after a birdie at 10 and again after another at 13.

Garcia was down two strokes to Rose with five holes left. By the sounds of things, he was nearly resigned to defeat on that occasion.

This was shaping up as another, especially after Garcia watched a three-shot lead disappear as quickly as it took Rose to run off three straight birdies on the front nine.

"It's fantastic", Garcia said.

Last October at the Ryder Cup at Hazeltine in Minnesota, when Garcia was asked about how the American crowds treated him, he joked, "Well, I definitely know I haven't won a major. I knew there was the possibility of making a birdie in the playoff". I have so many people that care for me and love me and support me.

"How stupid I really was trying to fight against something that you really can't fight", he said. And I think because of that I'm able to stand here today. "Just go out there and have fun, simple as that".

Triumph finally came after his 12-foot birdie putt on Augusta's par-four 18th at the first hole of a play-off against Justin Rose. "It got me more confident".

Traditionally, the victor chooses the menu for the champion's dinner but Garcia would only reveal, "It's going to be a Spanish dish. Him and Seve are both my golfing idols since I was very, very little", said Garcia.

Having already been on tour for about 18 years, he told reporters that, while he wasn't getting any younger, he still had "so much room for improvement". I'll be the best player to have only won one major. "In my United States number, I still
probably have 80 to 85 messages to go through", he said, laughing. If I get back great.

Related news:

Hot News

North Korea says Syria airstrikes prove its nukes justified
Apr 12, 2017 - 17:33
Full interview of Trump with Bartiromo will be aired Wednesday 6 am ET on Fox Business Network, Wednesday 6 pm in Philippines. McMaster says "there has to be a degree of simultaneous activity as well as sequencing of the defeat of IS first".

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Rose, Garcia on top at Masters after 3rd round
Apr 12, 2017 - 17:28
But it was the 11th hole where he three-putted from 5 feet, and a double bogey removed him from the list of viable contenders. He led after the first round in 2013 before finishing in a tie for eighth, one of just three top-10 finishes at the Masters.

Trump discusses Syria, North Korea with Japanese prime minister
Apr 11, 2017 - 08:01
Japan, which has seen previous North Korean missile tests fall within 200 miles of its coast, praised the USA carrier movement. After his first encounter with the man leading the nation he once criticized as a menace, President Trump was full of praise.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top MI vs KKR: Gautam Gambhir rues dropped catch, nerves at the death
Apr 11, 2017 - 07:50
Fans are used to watching Jos Buttler walk across his stumps scooping the ball over his shoulder for six. Parthiv (30) was eventually trapped leg before by Kuldeep Jadav to leave the Mumbai Indians 65 for 1.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Raspberry Pi 3 gets Microsoft Cortana with Windows 10 Creators Update
Apr 11, 2017 - 07:49
Microsoft rolling out a major update to the Windows Store app for the Windows 10 devices for insider in fast ring. Moreover, when applying the Creators Update, the privacy options offer up clearer descriptions of what they do.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top South Carolina wins 1st national title, beats Miss St 67-55
Apr 11, 2017 - 07:44
For two whole minutes, neither team scored since the start of the fourth quarter till Mississippi St made the first bucket. Wilson admitted to being frustrated by Stanford's physical play, and Mississippi State will try to frustrate USC, as well.

Rubio: Kim Jong Un 'Probably Worried' After Syrian Strike
Apr 10, 2017 - 05:01
South Korea trounced India 10-0 in their opener on Monday, while North Korea previously routed India 8-0 and beat Hong Kong 5-0. The launch comes on the eve of a visit by Chinese President Xi Jinping to the United States to meet President Donald Trump.

'Ghost in the Shell' is visually stunning but needs more soul
Apr 10, 2017 - 04:54
With a PG-13 rating , the flesh-toned costume that Johansson sports in some scenes allows audiences to imagine her being nude. I confess that I did wonder why they cast a Caucasian actress in a role with a Japanese name set in a Japanese metropolis.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top White House, lawmakers adrift over reviving health bill
Apr 09, 2017 - 06:40
Gallup says a majority of Americans support the law - a first since the company started asking about it in 2012. The Affordable Care Act mandates that insurers provide coverage regardless of a person's medical history.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top New rules in IRS debt collection
Apr 08, 2017 - 00:26
Otherwise, your bill will be inflated by failure-to-file penalties, along with underpayment fines and interest on the balance. However, if for whatever reason, you can not get them done before the deadline, you may need to file for a tax extension .

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Comcast Can Be A Mobile Threat in the Long Term
Apr 08, 2017 - 00:05
It will only be available to Comcast customers who already pay for home internet service, as well as potential new subscriptions. Thanks to a silent partnership with Verizon , Comcast won't be forced to purchase spectrum and build its own network.

Danny Willett: Defending champ Willett opens with 1-over 73
Apr 08, 2017 - 00:04
Willett's highest level of respect arrived from the officials and patrons around the tee boxes. On top of it, Willett was a new father, his wife giving birth to their son March 30 in 2016.

Trump boosts coal as China takes the lead on climate change
Apr 07, 2017 - 06:28
SHI: (Through interpreter) Western countries and the US have not done a good job with their own domestic economies and politics. Either way, the talks between the two giants, which account for 40 per cent of global trade, are being closely watched.

Trump tells Abe all options on table to handle N. Korea
Apr 07, 2017 - 06:24
Speaking ahead of the release, the bank's president Mario Draghi said he thinks the bank's current policy is working. Treasury economic liaison to China who is now a senior fellow at the Washington-based Brookings Institution.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Slaven Bilic: 'Arsenal deserved it' - Arsenal 3-0 West Ham United - Reaction
Apr 07, 2017 - 06:13
Southampton became the first team to beat Crystal Palace in five games as the won 3-1 at Saint Mary's. West Ham: Randolph, Byram, Collins, Fonte, Masuaku, Kouyate, Noble, Antonio, Lanzini, Ayew, Carroll.