Sergio Garcia wins the Masters, ends drought at the majors

6 near-misses that made Sergio Garcia's Masters win so much sweeter

"One of my dreams has come true". Day two, though, proves otherwise.

The Spaniard said he'd had four hours sleep after partying hard. "They've been pretty hectic with interviews". "I've been hitting that drive every day like a high cut". This time, the Englishman blinked first.

However, he started to encounter trouble on the back nine - at the same time that Rose began to find his rhythm on the greens - and when Garcia sent his tee shot into the trees on the 13th, Rose had his chance to open up what could have been an unassailable advantage.

Garcia played in 74 majors before finally winning one. "It's a great time in my life".

Later, an emotional Garcia said, "I have seen (myself) winning it several time".

The 27-year-old plans to change his golf ball and experiment with more new equipment, while he is also due to marry fiancee Erica Stoll shortly.

"I think life has a goal for all of us". "Obviously, I like where I stand now better".

However, next year will be his fourth attempt at completing the career grand slam and none of the five players to have done it needed more than three tries at winning the final leg.

"Well, " he went on, "I don't have to answer that anymore".

Finally! Spain hails favourite son Garcia after Masters win
Triumph finally came after his 12-foot birdie putt on Augusta's par-four 18th at the first hole of a play-off against Justin Rose. Sergio Garcia is the proud owner of a nice new green jacket after his dramatic win at the Masters on Sunday.

Garcia was down two strokes to Rose with five holes left. By the sounds of things, he was nearly resigned to defeat on that occasion.

This was shaping up as another, especially after Garcia watched a three-shot lead disappear as quickly as it took Rose to run off three straight birdies on the front nine.

"It's fantastic", Garcia said.

Last October at the Ryder Cup at Hazeltine in Minnesota, when Garcia was asked about how the American crowds treated him, he joked, "Well, I definitely know I haven't won a major. I knew there was the possibility of making a birdie in the playoff". I have so many people that care for me and love me and support me.

"How stupid I really was trying to fight against something that you really can't fight", he said. And I think because of that I'm able to stand here today. "Just go out there and have fun, simple as that".

Triumph finally came after his 12-foot birdie putt on Augusta's par-four 18th at the first hole of a play-off against Justin Rose. "It got me more confident".

Traditionally, the victor chooses the menu for the champion's dinner but Garcia would only reveal, "It's going to be a Spanish dish. Him and Seve are both my golfing idols since I was very, very little", said Garcia.

Having already been on tour for about 18 years, he told reporters that, while he wasn't getting any younger, he still had "so much room for improvement". I'll be the best player to have only won one major. "In my United States number, I still
probably have 80 to 85 messages to go through", he said, laughing. If I get back great.

Related news:

Hot News

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Rose, Garcia on top at Masters after 3rd round
Apr 12, 2017 - 17:28
But it was the 11th hole where he three-putted from 5 feet, and a double bogey removed him from the list of viable contenders. He led after the first round in 2013 before finishing in a tie for eighth, one of just three top-10 finishes at the Masters.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Susan Tompor: Tax tips for the last minute
Apr 12, 2017 - 17:03
If the tax filing is overdue by more than sixty days, you will incur a minimum penalty of $205 or 100% of your unpaid tax. By law, District of Columbia holidays impact tax deadlines for everyone nationwide in the same way federal holidays do.

So close: Justin Rose comes up short in bid for green jacket
Apr 11, 2017 - 07:44
The leaders after day three broke away from the pack, setting up for an exciting finish that could only be decided by a playoff. When Rose had a six-foot par-saver at 17, he pushed it slightly - the bogey that left them tied again headed to the 72nd tee.

Wenger insists Arsenal 'mentality' is 'healthy' (again)
Apr 10, 2017 - 05:03
It's easy when you're winning, but I told the guys forget about this game. I believe what we are missing is backing from the board. If you've got belief, you can win the confidence back.

Yankees put catcher Gary Sanchez on 10-day disabled list
Apr 10, 2017 - 05:02
The Orioles tied the score 4-4 in the seventh on an RBI single by Trumbo off Dellin Betances (0-1). The Orioles took a 2-0 lead in the second on a fielder's choice by Trey Mancini and single by J.J.

Rubio: Kim Jong Un 'Probably Worried' After Syrian Strike
Apr 10, 2017 - 05:01
South Korea trounced India 10-0 in their opener on Monday, while North Korea previously routed India 8-0 and beat Hong Kong 5-0. The launch comes on the eve of a visit by Chinese President Xi Jinping to the United States to meet President Donald Trump.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top 'Ghost in the Shell' is visually stunning but needs more soul
Apr 10, 2017 - 04:54
With a PG-13 rating , the flesh-toned costume that Johansson sports in some scenes allows audiences to imagine her being nude. I confess that I did wonder why they cast a Caucasian actress in a role with a Japanese name set in a Japanese metropolis.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Spieth goes on 3rd-round charge at Masters
Apr 09, 2017 - 06:28
Garcia intends to take a better frame of mind into this weekend than his defeated statement reflected five years ago. Mickelson got within one of the lead when he reached 3 under after a birdie at 10 and again after another at 13.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top New rules in IRS debt collection
Apr 08, 2017 - 00:26
Otherwise, your bill will be inflated by failure-to-file penalties, along with underpayment fines and interest on the balance. However, if for whatever reason, you can not get them done before the deadline, you may need to file for a tax extension .

Light heavyweight division needs a boost at UFC 210
Apr 08, 2017 - 00:12
Then Jones ran into his latest patch of trouble, and left Cormier to fight Anderson Silva in a non-title bout on two day's notice. There is a distinction between championship and non-championship fights, and this is a championship fight.

Danny Willett: Defending champ Willett opens with 1-over 73
Apr 08, 2017 - 00:04
Willett's highest level of respect arrived from the officials and patrons around the tee boxes. On top of it, Willett was a new father, his wife giving birth to their son March 30 in 2016.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Hoffman rides wind to Masters lead
Apr 08, 2017 - 00:04
It was raining and Johnson went to move the vehicle in anticipation of his son, Tatum, coming home from day care. Johnson was still trying to digest the last 24 hours, as shocking as any for a No. 1 player going into a major.

Trump boosts coal as China takes the lead on climate change
Apr 07, 2017 - 06:28
SHI: (Through interpreter) Western countries and the US have not done a good job with their own domestic economies and politics. Either way, the talks between the two giants, which account for 40 per cent of global trade, are being closely watched.

Trump tells Abe all options on table to handle N. Korea
Apr 07, 2017 - 06:24
Speaking ahead of the release, the bank's president Mario Draghi said he thinks the bank's current policy is working. Treasury economic liaison to China who is now a senior fellow at the Washington-based Brookings Institution.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Slaven Bilic: 'Arsenal deserved it' - Arsenal 3-0 West Ham United - Reaction
Apr 07, 2017 - 06:13
Southampton became the first team to beat Crystal Palace in five games as the won 3-1 at Saint Mary's. West Ham: Randolph, Byram, Collins, Fonte, Masuaku, Kouyate, Noble, Antonio, Lanzini, Ayew, Carroll.