Garrigus shows way in Canadian Open

0:20

Bubba Watson almost got struck by his own ball as an audacious shot backfired spectacularly at the Canadian Ope

Other Canadian PGA Tour members in the field are Mackenzie Hughes, Corey Conners, Nick Taylor, David Hearn and Mike Weir.

The 40-year-old American parred the first hole of his opening round at Glen Abbey Golf Club before ripping off five straight birdies to card a 30 on the front nine.

Kim also enjoyed a bogey-free performance, signing for a 65, but it was Bradley who produced the round of the day firing a nine-under 63 that featured a birdie, eagle, birdie, eagle finish.

Bubba Watson had a close call during the first round of the RBC Canadian Open on Thursday. Live coverage continues on Friday from 8pm on Sky Sports Golf. "But if they're not playing the week after, I don't see any reason why they wouldn't be here".

"I went from my worst round of the year to the best round, which was a pleasant surprise", Garrigus said with a grin.

"I think it's a much more hard shot now", Conners said.

He played in the morning, well before a more than two-hour delay because of high wind and potential lightning strikes. "But I got down there, and I had a flawless number with a wedge and hit it to 20 feet".

Adam Hadwin, the top-ranked Canadian on the PGA Tour, matched Bubba Watson with a 70. "I feel like the game is in pretty good form right now, and I'm excited about this week". He can probably tell you what kind of shots I'm hitting just by like watching on TV.

Watson is seven strokes off the pace after the opening round
Watson is seven strokes off the pace after the opening round

"I did it last year, I did it the year before, I did it the year before that", said the veteran bubble boy.

"It would be great to match (Canadian Open titles)", said Kevin.

"I feel very comfortable, but you still get those first tee jitters when you get on the tee and they announce your name, and you get a little bit louder cheer than you get anywhere else. Every time I was out of position I made a bogey but I made a bunch of birdies and an eagle". World No. 1 Dustin Johnson shot a 6-under 66 to enter a four-way tie for sixth with fellow American Zac Blair, Chile's Joaquin Niemann, and New Zealand's Aaron Baddeley at 10 under.

"I've definitely had some good experiences here in the past and have been looking forward to coming here basically all season", said Conners, who has one top-10 this season, at T8 at the Fort Worth Invitational in May.

"It's not just the golf course", Garrigus continued.

"I felt great today".

During my review I looked at the design features of the course, including greens, tees, spectator mounds, lakes, fairways, practice facilities, trees, and the clubhouse, and identified special characteristics of each feature, and their role in maintaining the course as a cultural heritage landscape.

A year ago at Glen Abbey, Garrigus shot a 10-under 62 in the third round to match the course record. The only problem is you're going East Coast to West Coast and then back to the East Coast, so you might see some guys not play, just for the fact that they're playing the week after (the Travelers Championship in Hartford). It would put them among a select few, including Al and Brent Geiberger (1976, 2004 Greensboro events) and Jay and Bill Haas (1988, 2010 Bob Hope Classics), to have achieved it. "I love it here".

Johnny Manziel of Hamilton Tiger-Cats traded to Montreal Alouettes
Although, Manziel didn't end up playing for Sherman, as the coach was replaced after Manziel's redshirt freshman season. Sherman has expressed his excitement with reuniting with Manziel, who will likely get his chance to play in Montreal.

Related news:

Hot News

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Chamisa is better, Mugabe speaks
Jul 30, 2018 - 00:44
They will be voting in presidential, parliamentary and local elections. I wish to meet him if he wins", he told reporters. It was only the second of two opinion polls.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top 3 dead, 7 wounded after gunmen in New Orleans fire on crowd
Jul 30, 2018 - 00:27
The injured victims have been taken to hospital, although their conditions are not known. Police asked the community to share any information they may have about the shooting.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Trump denies lawyer's Russian Federation collusion claim
Jul 29, 2018 - 03:33
Rivera said Cohen was somewhat of a "consigliere" to Trump, in that he was the "one key person we tell all of our life story to". In a tweet he said, "I didn't know of the meeting with my - the meeting with my son Don Jr".

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Pucker up: Meghan surprises Prince Harry at the polo
Jul 29, 2018 - 03:29
Meghan dressed in a tea-length Carolina Herrera resort dress in dark denim, featuring a v-neck and cap sleeves, for the event. The pair looked more in love than ever as they shared a smooch at charity sporting match, the Sentebale Polo Cup.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Flash flood watch into early Tuesday for Northern Virginia
Jul 28, 2018 - 01:07
With that in mind, the National Weather Service has issued a Flash Flood Watch for the Sandhills right through early Wednesday . Daily high temperatures should swell to the 80s and perhaps near 90 by the weekend; nightly numbers will settle to the 70s.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Liverpool Must Win After Spending Heavily - Jose Mourinho
Jul 28, 2018 - 00:50
On came Salah - scorer of 44 goals for the club last season - and he caused chaos with his pace, direct running and eagerness. Dominic Solanke got to the ball first but was crudely bundled over and the Reds had a spot-kick, on 94 minutes to settle it.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top USA senators push sanctions to send Putin election meddling warning
Jul 27, 2018 - 10:04
Congress had still to vote on the modifications to the legislation which would then be signed by Trump into law. In Wednesday's White House statement, Bolton indicated the Mueller probe would be over by January 1.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Trump says NAFTA deal with Mexico must happen fast
Jul 27, 2018 - 10:01
Guajardo is due to meet his Canadian counterpart Chrystia Freeland on Wednesday, also to discuss NAFTA. One question asked respondents for their biggest national security concern.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Trump Administration to Give $12 Billion to Farmers Caught in Trade War
Jul 26, 2018 - 02:18
Trump has also said he is considering tariffs on imports of automobiles, an action the European Union hopes to head off. The Agriculture Department announced it will provide up to US$12 billion in aid to farmers hurt by trade tariffs.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Sony IMX586 Smartphone Camera Sensor With 48 Effective Megapixels Resolution Launched
Jul 25, 2018 - 01:04
A 0.8 micron pixel size might seem small and less efficient in capturing the entire light information, especially in low light. The enhanced MP count should give smartphone uses the ability to take SLR-quality images with lossless digital zoom.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Swimmer Ryan Lochte suspended until July 2019 for use of IV
Jul 24, 2018 - 01:45
Officials made clear that Ryan did not used a banned substance , but underwent a banned procedure . Open, declaring himself wiser and more responsible after fathering a child.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Lewis Hamilton risks being stripped of German GP win
Jul 23, 2018 - 01:40
Auto Motor und Sport said one analysis showed that between one race and the next, the increase was nearly 40 horse power. I just slowed down and trundled over some grass and made sure I joined the track as safe as I could.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Trump says 'not thrilled' about interest rate hikes
Jul 23, 2018 - 01:15
Last month, the Fed raised its benchmark rate for a second time this year and projected two more increases in 2018. In an apparent reference to Fed rate increases, Mr Trump added, "Tightening now hurts all that we have done".

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Missouri boat accident kills 17, including nine from one family
Jul 22, 2018 - 01:41
It followed up at 6.32pm with a severe thunderstorm warning for three counties that included Branson and the lake. Coleman said the boat's captain had told passengers earlier in their trip that they "won't need" life jackets.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Ambiguous comments from homeland chief on election meddling
Jul 22, 2018 - 01:30
It took the president several attempts to walk back his comments, amplifying the fallout from his joint appearance with Putin. In May, she said she was unaware of intelligence assessments concluding that the Kremlin was clearly playing favorites.