Never Say Never as Alonso Refuses to Close Door on F1

Never Say Never as Alonso Refuses to Close Door on F1

However, the gap to the top three teams - Mercedes, Ferrari and Red Bull - remains a large one.

Formula 1's off track dramas have continued in the built-up to the Belgian Grand Prix this weekend with a row erupting between outgoing McLaren driver Fernando Alonso and Red Bull boss Christian Horner. "This year, particularly the first part of the year, I guess up until Monaco, was an wonderful start for me, so many positives".

"Right now, I am thinking it is goodbye", he said.

"To be clear, there was no falling out, no bad blood or anything with anyone in the team - with the bosses or anyone at all".

"There's been times when I've thought, "This is why [2016 world champion Nico] Rosberg retired", and he had it a lot more intense than me".

"It was nothing to do with the driver decision", said Abiteboul.

The Aussie F1 star faced the press yesterday for the first time since dropping the bombshell he would be joining Renault in 2019, telling reporters he was "ready for a new challenge".

"It wasn't necessarily the engine deal or finances".

Speaking about a potential move to a midfield team like Renault in June, Ricciardo said it would have "some appeal" but was not "top of my list" as getting his hands on a championship-calibre vehicle was a priority.

"And the F1 we're seeing now was maybe not the F1 I dreamed of as a kid or when I joined in 2001".

The Turkish lira tumbles to 5.86 over threat of more USA sanctions
Trump tweeted on Thursday. "They can't take our people", the president said, calling Brunson a "wonderful Christian pastor". Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu said on Thursday that solving the rift with the United States is not hard .

I know a lot of people are probably like "I don't know", but I feel comfortable within myself and the decision I've made.

'That sounds easy saying it like that - it wasn't.

"I am sure for some other drivers if they look outside they will find bigger challenges than the ones they have now here". Instead, the Australian claims decision was made because of the lack of motivation.

Red Bull are switching to McLaren's former partners Honda next year and Alonso had been strongly critical of the Japanese power units during their time together.

Red Bull picked Toro Rosso driver Pierre Gasly to replace Ricciardo, having opted to stick to its policy of promoting its own talent. Personally I felt it was good for me to have a fresh start somewhere else, I think it will be healthy.

"I prefer to take my own decision and take new challenges that Formula One can not offer me at the moment".

"One at Monaco and one in August, so I'm glad you asked me this question, because Christian's comments this summer are out of context. I don't want go back and forth with this - I have better things to do". They are a winning team and I came into the team when they had just won four world titles in a row so naturally there's always something inside you that you expect to win. "That was a very odd story", Marko said on the Red Bull's in-house TV channel, Servus TV.

Red Bull powerbroker Helmut Marko has accused Ricciardo of misleading the organisation about his future.

"He spent most of his career at Red Bull and told me he wanted a change, that's right".

"On Thursday, he then called and told me he was going to Renault".

Related news:

Hot News

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Russia’s intervention in Congressional elections: Bolton warned of the consequences
Aug 26, 2018 - 00:17
The United States supports rebels fighting against Assad's government. Damascus, endorsed by Moscow, has denied using such weapons.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Former Trump lawyer Michael Cohen sets up GoFundMe page for legal costs
Aug 25, 2018 - 00:33
Michael Cohen pictured leaving Manhattan Federal Courthouse on Tuesday after admitting campaign finance violations. A president can be removed from office by Congress for "treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors".

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Facebook says it removed influence campaigns from Iran, Russia
Aug 25, 2018 - 00:32
Facebook said it's working with other tech companies, academic researchers, and law enforcement when dealing with cyber threats. The activities were not relegated to just Facebook and included Instagram and Twitter, according to Facebook and FireEye .

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Twitch Drops Ad-Free Viewing for Prime Members
Aug 22, 2018 - 02:32
If people really want an ad-free Twitch experience, they will need to upgrade to the $8.99 per month Twitch Turbo . What you have to do is use your monthly subscription token on a channel that has ad-free viewing turned on.

Trump ‘not thrilled’ with Fed chairman over interest rate hikes
Aug 22, 2018 - 02:26
The Fed has been gradually raising interest rates since the end of 2015, with five hikes coming under Trump. It followed reports earlier in the day that Trump had criticised Powell at a private GOP fundraiser.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Drake Takes Break from Tour to Visit Young Heart Patient in Chicago
Aug 22, 2018 - 02:03
In the last several years, Lurie Children's has recruited some of the top pediatric heart transplant specialists in the country. Then Drake also gave Sofia some of his merchandise and even sang hit song God's Plan .

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Nominees revealed for 2017/18 UEFA Player of the Year Awards
Aug 21, 2018 - 01:34
Major Club Honours Last Season: UEFA Champions League, UEFA Super Cup, Spanish Super Cup, FIFA Club World Cup . Ronaldo had 15 goals in 13 UCL matches en route to a Real Madrid Champions Cup victory over Liverpool .

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Alienware Announces Upgraded Gaming Desktops With Nvidia RTX GPUs
Aug 21, 2018 - 01:26
According to Huang, it would take 10 of Nvidia's previous-generation graphics card - the GTX 1080Ti - to keep up with Tensor. Based on NVIDIA's new Turing architecture, MSI announces it will carry the following series as seen in this PR.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Fortnite Patch v5.21 Released; Adds New Sniper, Modes, and More
Aug 20, 2018 - 01:33
Grenades now properly grant progress for the Week 5 Challenge: "Deal damage to players with a Clinger, Stink Bomb, or Grenade". The downside and bummer in this mode is that another favorite of the fans, the Minigun has been lowered from 2.5 to 1.5.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Turkey’s president says country will defy economic threats
Aug 19, 2018 - 00:28
Brunson, who attended Wheaton College, has lived in Turkey for more than two decades as pastor of a small local church. Erdogan has recently held talks with French President Emmanuel Macron and German Chancellor Angela Merkel.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Ariana Grande performed emotional tribute to Aretha Franklin on 'The Tonight Show'
Aug 19, 2018 - 00:27
Though she left the city to pursue her career in NY and Los Angeles, she returned to the city in 1982 to be closer to her family. On the other hand, Donald Trump could not resist opening his remarks on the singer's death with a little self-promotion.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top PGA Tour Champions returns to Japan with Mastercard backing
Aug 18, 2018 - 01:31
Also, the model says five additional golfers with odds of 25-1 or longer will make a deep run at the Wyndham Championship title. Conners played in the final group on Sunday in back-to-back events in March before fading in the final round both times.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Paying Respect: Asteroid Honors Aretha Franklin's Unforgettable Legacy
Aug 18, 2018 - 01:07
Aretha Franklin's bass player has described her as a generous and kind person who was an "icon" in her hometown of Detroit . Franklin died in her home in Detroit at age 76 from pancreatic cancer . "She gave back; she serviced much", said Anthony.

Kevin De Bruyne suffers "knee ligament" injury in training
Aug 16, 2018 - 00:51
But the importance of De Bruyne , easily the club's best player in the record-breaking 2017/18 season, can not be overstated. City, who began their title defence with a 2-0 victory at Arsenal, next play Huddersfield at home on Sunday.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Marcelo Had A Very Cheeky Reaction Whe Ramos Mocked Jurgen Klopp
Aug 16, 2018 - 00:27
The player said Klopp was trying to find an excuse for loosing the final after having lost six out of seven finals. When asked about the incident Ramos said: "I'm not going to highlight this again".